Why do I need a "maximum bid"? Why am I receiving a "no idle workers available" error? Where do I set my bid?
The maximum bid that you set in your API Setting
helps you get into the task queue when our system can’t process all the tasks at once. Maximum bid only
helps you get your captcha into the queue. It is not responsible
for captcha solving speed, quality, or anything else.
Maximum bids kick in when all our workers are busy with customers’ captchas when adding new tasks without limit would lead to a significant increase of captcha solving time. This is what we call 100% load.
Conversely, when the load is lower than 95%, you are charged for each task at the default price, which is $0.7 per 1000 for image captchas and $2 for Recaptchas. During this time, maximum bids affect nothing.How does the bidding algorithm work?
When the number of new tasks starts to get higher than the number of workers online, we start accepting new tasks only if bids are slightly higher than the average task bid. Then, when workers finish all the tasks and switch to waiting mode, we start accepting all new tasks at the default price.
Thus, the algorithm:
1. Attempts to process the maximum amount of tasks by setting the minimum possible bid.
2. Attempts to give every worker one task to work on with a new task joining the queue as the worker is about to finish the first one.
3. Prevents scenarios with overloaded queues where tasks take forever to solve.
Results of this behavior:
1. Our service will never cost you more than the value you set in your maximum bid
2. This bid does not mean you will always be charged that maximum price. When there are more workers than tasks, you'll be charged the default queue price or receive a discount if applicable.
3. If at any time you start getting ERROR_NO_SLOT_AVAILABLE errors, it means there are not enough workers online, and you either have to wait till they process all their tasks OR increase your maximum bid to get higher priority for your tasks.Important note
1. You can't set a minimum bid below the price of the type of captchas you're trying to solve. For example, Recaptchas cost $2 per 1000 and you've set your bid to $1. Once you send a task, your maximum bid will automatically be increased to $2.